Digital Dutch clock is an improved version of the Windows desktop gadget
clock. The original Windows clock misses several options like
a digital clock, date and day indications. It has also improved
- Show digital clock option.
- Show day option.
- Show date option.
- Smooth seconds hand option. It makes the seconds hand slide
instead of tick. Note, that this requires more CPU resources.
animation at startup and at 24:00. Although I doubt that anyone will
notice the latter as it only happens for a few seconds every
- Date animation at startup and at 24:00.
- Improved hour, minute and second clock
- For all
skins: improved colors and fonts.
- Uses less CPU resources than
the original Windows Vista clock.
- Localization support added. (Czech, Dutch,
German, French, Italian, Portuguese, Russian and Turkish translations
- Compatible with Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10.
Download the file below and double click it to install the Digital Dutch Windows
The download file has a *.gadget extension. If your browser saves it with a *.zip
extension. Rename it to *.gadget and then double click it to install.
Windows 8 and 10
Windows no longer officially supports desktop gadgets. But if you
install 8Gadgetpack and
then install the Digital Dutch Clock, you can happily keep using
the Digital Dutch clock.
Version 4.0 - 9 September 2020
- Larger clock for high DPI displays
Double-click: Restart the animation.
Ctrl + Double-click: Select next skin.