Digital Dutch clock is an improved version of the Windows desktop gadget
clock. The original Windows clock misses several options like
a digital clock, date and day indications. It has also improved
- Show digital clock option.
- Show day option.
- Show date option.
- Smooth seconds hand option. It makes the seconds hand slide
instead of tick. Note, that this requires more CPU resources.
animation at startup and at 24:00. Although I doubt that anyone will
notice the latter as it only happens for a few seconds every
- Date animation at startup and at 24:00.
- Improved hour, minute and second clock
- For all
skins: improved colors and fonts.
- Uses less CPU resources than
the original Windows Vista clock.
- Localization support added. (Czech, Dutch,
German, French, Italian, Portuguese, Russian and Turkish translations
- Compatible with Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10.
Download the file below and double click it to install the Digital Dutch Windows
The download file has a *.gadget extension. If your browser saves it with a *.zip
extension. Rename it to *.gadget and then double click it to install.
Windows 8 and 10
Windows no longer officially supports desktop gadgets. But if you
install 8Gadgetpack and
then install the Digital Dutch Clock, you can happily keep using
the Digital Dutch clock.
Version 3.6 - 12 May 2013
- Swedish translation added.
Version 3.5 - 5 May 2012
- Fixed typo in Turkish translation.
- Fixed typo in Italian translation.
- Czech translation added.
Version 3.4 - 5 May 2011
- Improved translations: Dutch, French, Russian, German.
- Added Italian, Turkish, Portuguese..
Version 3.3 - 4 May 2011
- Added Russian language support.
- Improved Dutch translation.
Version 3.2 - 10 January 2010
- Fixed: Wrong week number in 2010.
Version 3.1 (17 March 2009)
- New "Smooth Seconds" option.
It makes the seconds hand slide instead of tick, but requires more
New in version 3.0
- Made compatible with Windows 7.
- New settings dialog.
Double-click: Restart the animation.
Ctrl + Double-click: Select next skin.